Softpedia Editor's Review for USB Write Protect
Protects your USB storage devices from accidental file modification and deletion.
Written by Bogdan Popa on October 31st, 2012
USB Write Protect is a tiny but very handy tool that can enable write protection on all USB Flash drives and thus prevent data from being modified or deleted.
Although it may sound very useful indeed, it's not so revolutionary because protection is only enabled on the computer you used to turn the feature on, so you won't get a permanent protection on all machines.
Still, USB Write Protect could come in very handy if you wish to avoid accidental removal of personal data.
Enabling Write Protect on a USB Flash drive is easy as pie. Plug the device into an USB port, wait a few seconds until it's being displayed in the USB Storage Devices list, check the 'Enable Write Protect' option and hit the 'Apply' button.
Windows 7 users will have to unplug the device and then plug it back again in order to fully enable Write Protection, otherwise they won't see any modifications.
Although there's no help file included in the application, the main window comprises all the information you will ever need when working with USB Write Protect, including detailed explanations of every section.
Once you're done with Write Protect and wish to disable it, there's an option for this. All you have to do is to reopen the application and choose the dedicated tool.
All things considered, USB Write Protection could prove to be very useful if you wish to avoid deleting your data accidentally. It packs a set of useful features, easily accessible and even less experienced users should have no problems in using this app.
USB Write Protect description
Here are some key features of "USB Write Protect":
USB Write Protection:
· Protects valuable file(s) containing in your USB storage devices from accidentally modified or deleted.
USB Device Lock:
· It maintains the privacy by preventing unathorized user from connecting USB storage devices to your computer and copying your valuable files
USB Device Autorun Control:
· USB storage devices are the one of the major sources of virus and other malicious programs. It protects your computer from viruses and other malicious programs by disabling USB Device's autorun function and preventing them from automatically running and transferring to your computer.
Password Protected Settings:
· You can protect your protection settings by password and prevent unauthorized users from changind your protection settings.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
The following Features are added in this version:
· USB Device Lock
· USB Device Autorun Control
· Password Protected Settings