Softpedia Editor's Review for WinLock
Comprehensive security solution
Written by Ana Marculescu on June 6th, 2013
WinLock is an application built specifically for ensuring that your computer cannot be used by unauthorized people. This tool helps you maintain all the documents and programs private from other users.
With a modern and intuitive interface, WinLock can help you perform several actions on the fly. You can set up passwords, turn on protection on startup, send notifications when an application or a site is blocked, and play different sound alerts.
The program is able to generate different reports, and it is possible to select the entries that should be included in the reports, such as created, changed, renamed or deleted files, updated, shared or deleted folders, blocked websites and applications, and system events. You can select the maximum file size of the log, and limit the log number. The log can be exported as plain text.
Moreover, you may enable a remote administration, by specifying the port, alternative password and remote address.
This tool allows users to impose security restrictions in different ways. You can disable the Registry Editor, Shortcuts, Windows Updates, Task Manager, Control Panel, System Properties, programs and features, Computer Management, Windows Installer, and many others.
Furthermore, you can hide files and the context menu, the search button, and disable Windows commands (close, move, resize, restore, maximize, minimize). The program offers users the possibility to disable the Start button and the “drag and drop” support, lock the taskbar, and to hide all the programs from the Start Menu.
WinLock provides efficient security measures by allowing users to impose desktop, mouse and keyboard restrictions, to block access to removable storage units, and to hide a partition.
It is possible to restrict the access to different websites, in order to allow access only to the selected ones. It also features a built-in tool that can help you set the time limit.
In conclusion, WinLock proves to be a reliable tool when it comes to keeping your computer secure and private from unauthorized viewing.
Here are some key features of "WinLock":
· System restrictions - disable command prompt, Control Panel, Safe Mode, and more...
· Time-limited access - control how long other users can use the computer
· Restrict Start Menu - hide the selective Start menu items, block context menus
· Control Internet access - allow access only to the trusted sites only, and block all others
· Sofware filter - block access to the downloaders, games, messaging clients, or CD burners
· Hide drives - hide your system and network drives in Windows Explorer
· Logging - monitor changes to the Windows shell and writes these changes to the log file
· At least 8 MB of free space on the hard disk.
· A TCP/IP capable network (for remote administration).
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Logging of system events.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that WinLock 6.09 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |