AJC Active Backup will help you prevent deleting important files by mistake.
Have you ever experienced that horrible sinking feeling when you realize you have lost some work ? Maybe you deleted a file, over wrote it with another file or it has been corrupted etc. This can be very costly in terms of time and money and in the worst cases can land you in deep trouble.
Now you can make this problem a thing of the past with AJC Active Backup. AJC Active Backup monitors the files you change on your PC and then automatically and silently backs them up into a compact archive.
There is very little extra load on your PC due to the way it operates in the background. You just see a subtle indicator in the Windows taskbar status area.
AJC Active Backup is a must for any serious PC user who values their work. To name but a few, programmers, web designers, documenters would benefit from this. I can honestly say it has saved my bacon on several occasions !
Here are some key features of "AJC Active Backup":
· Instantly backs up files as soon as you change them.
· You choose which directories and file patterns to backup.
· Protects you from mistakes and software bugs or file corruption by letting you go back to any previous version of a file.
· Multiple versions of each file are kept so you can undo to any previous version.
· Once the initial setup wizard has been filled in there is no more effort involved. The system is completely automatic and requires no regular attention.
· Your backups are always up to date, up to the second. No more restoring to last night's or last week's backup.
· You can add descriptions to particular file revisions in a backup archive to mark a specific important point in a file's development or a safe point to restore back to, e.g. "Updated copyright section and proof read by JP".
· The setup wizard makes it very easy to install and trains you as you go along. By the time its setup you know how to use it.
· Read about the features of the revision control system here.
· Built in file comparison facility so you can see what has changed.
· Operates silently in the background with very little extra load on your PC.
· Status bar indicator tells you what the software is doing.
· Very compact archive size only storing changes to files each time.
· Auto purge system prevents the archives from growing too large.
· 30 day trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· When archiving existing files, if errors occurred, you had to confirm each one. Now you just have to confirm to continue with the first error and if any more occur they are logged on the Report tab.