AutoVer application is a configurable automatic or real time backup and versioning system.
AutoVer can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex version control system. The beauty of this system is that once you set it up (which is extremely simple) it does everything.
No remembering to backup or to check in or check out files. Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder or drive. You can include and exclude certain files and browse the backups with the Backup Explorer.
Great for backing up (or one way syncronising) your work or home documents to flash memory or saving every change you make to your source code or image files.
Here are some key features of "AutoVer":
· Select any number of separate folder trees (includes sub folders) to watch for changes
· Each folder tree has its own independent settings
· Select straight backup or versioning mode
· Select any folder or drive to backup to
· Optionally create an initial backup before the automatic backup starts
· Restrict which files to include (by file mask)
· Exclude certain files (multiple file masks)
· Exclude certain folders (multiple folder masks)
· Renamed files will rename the backup files
· Optionally delete backup files on original file deletion
· MS Office and Visual Studio compatible (temp file creation, delete then rename is treated as original file change)
· Backup file & version explorer included
· Open backups or file versions directly (file extensions are preserved) or via inbuilt explorer
· Compare file versions (using customisable external application)
· Restore file versions via inbuilt explorer or manually
· Runs discretely in the Windows System Tray
· .NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: FTP password saving
· Fixed: NullReferenceException on doing an inital backup with a new watcher
· Fixed: NullReferenceException on shutdown if it didn't startup fully/other instance running
· Fixed: NullReferenceException on pressing Compare or View buttons in Version Explorer
· Fixed: Cannot access a disposed object on Syncing backup, cancelling and syncing again
· Fixed: 7-Zip not storing path information
· Fixed: Reset file attributes on copy (so read only files do not cause issues)
· Fixed: Showing of params in the watcher's Copy First textbox
· Fixed: Not checking of exclusions before creating folders
· Fixed: WinMerge (WinMergeU.exe) default location updated to PF x86 folder (if avail)
· Fixed: Error Reporting back to my site
· Added: Config location options (Common, Current User or Local/Portable)
· Added: Button to open config and log folder
· Added: Button icons
· Added: Coloured Status column to the main window
· Added: Left mouse click on tray icon (as well as existing double click) opens the a...