Softpedia Editor's Review for EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard
Software to recover and restore data in Windows
Written by Elena Opris on March 15th, 2012
EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard is an application that you can use to retrieve files that have been previously deleted from your computer.
Once you initiate the program with the user-friendly interface, you can choose a mode to start the recovery process.
So, you can locate files that have been removed from Recycle Bin, lost due to a format, system crash, virus attack or others.
But you can also retrieve a deleted partition. In case of file recovery, you can select a target partition to get started.
Once the directory tree has been built, you can preview the text or image (or the file's HEX code), after you check out the name, size, type, as well as date of creation, modification and last access of the respective file.
In addition, you can open a disk image and use a search function. You can input the file name, part of it or file mask, as well as specify the search location and additional parameters (e.g. type, date, size).
The program requires a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive help file. It can take a while to finish a scanning job, especially when it comes to the complete recovery mode.
Unfortunately, you cannot recover files in demo mode. So, there's no way of knowing if this task is successful or not. Nevertheless, we suggest you test EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard for yourself and see if it matches your preferences.
EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard description
Here are some key features of "EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard":
· Intelligent search all possible file systems on hard drive.
· Provides partition recovery from FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS file systems.
· Supports IDE/ATA, SATA, SCSI, USB, Fire wire(IEEE1394) hard drive and other media such as Floppy disk, USB flash drive, digital camera, digital audio player etc.
· Recovers deleted files and folders even after recycle bin has been emptied or use of Shift+Del key.
· Recognizes and preserves long file names when restoring files and folders.
· Recovers compressed and encrypted files on NTFS.
· Previews the recovery files and pictures in BMP, EMF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF and PNG format, etc
· Large and Multi-Disk Drive Support.
· Views the recovered pictures with thumbnails.
· High quality of file recovery.
· Ability to resume the last recovery result.
· Changes the size of recovered files.
· Succinct and user friendly interface.
· Recovers a specific file by right-click.
· Available Space for Installation: The minimum of the space for installing Data Recovery Wizard is 32 MB.
· Memory (RAM): At least 128 MB (the more the better)
· Available Space on the Good Device: Enough space to save the recovered data
· Will not allow you to actually recover files, you can only preview them
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7.
· Preview .docx, .xlsx files.