FTP Password Sniffer is a handy application designed to recover passwords from any of your favorite FTP application such as FileZilla, SmartFtp etc. It can not only recover the lost FTP account password but also can sniff and catch any of the FTP account passwords passing through your network, thus making it a great tool for penetration testers.
Each FTP application uses its own storage and encryption mechanism for keeping the FTP server password information. Often it happens that you configure the FTP accounts in the beginning and then forget the passwords as it is taken care by your FTP application.
At later times when you need these FTP account passwords you realize that you cannot just get it because either the password is stored at some secret location or it is encrypted. In such a situation FTP Password Sniffer comes to your rescue by helping you to easily and instantly recover those lost FTP account passwords.
FTP Password Sniffer is very simple to use with its interactive GUI application. Initially you have to launch FTP Password Sniffer and click on 'Start FTP Recovery' to start the operation. Then launch your FTP application and connect to the FTP server whose password you want to recover.
While authentication is in progress, FTP Password Sniffer will transparently catch FTP login packets flowing through the wire and instantly get you the right username & password in clear text for that FTP server.
Here are some key features of "FTP Password Sniffer":
· Universal FTP password recovery tool supporting most of the prominent FTP applications.
· Recover password of any length and complexity.
· Instantly decode the username & password for any FTP server account and present it in clear text.
· Sort feature to arrange the recovered passwords in various order to make it easier to search through 100's of entries.
· Save the recovered password list to HTML file for transferring to other system or for future use.
· Easier and faster to use with its enhanced user friendly GUI interface.
· Support for local Installation and uninstallation of the software.
Here are the some of the main FTP applications that are supported:
· BulletProof FTP
· Classic FTP
· CoffeeCup Direct FTP
· CoffeeCup Free FTP
· Fling FTP
· FTP Voyager
· Global Downloader
· Glub Tech Secure FTP
· Sysax FTP Automation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Windows 8.
· Added right click context menu option to quickly copy the password.
· Fixed the missing winpcap setup file in the Installer.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function