Handy Backup Server is a comprehensive and reliable backup solution for small and medium businesses.
The utility lets you back up and recover data stored on both central server and remote computers, on a client-server scheme.
Handy Backup Server allows backing up not only individual files and folders, but also creating drive images - backups of operating system and all applications. All workstation backup tasks are fully automated and run with low system priority which allows performing them during work hours.
Comprehensible user interface provides easy step-by-step adjustment of network backup, with options of compression, encryption and flexible task scheduling. E-mail notifications, command line interface and log file generation ease task management by system administrator.
Besides files, folders and HDD images, the program features plug-ins for backing up MS Exchange, MS SQL, DB2 databases and Lotus Notes/Domino data stored on the central server. Also, you can back up Oracle database and ODBC-compatible databases that can be located on both local server and remote workstations.
Data transferred to the central server can be stored on the widest range of backup media: you can backup to FTP, SFTP, Network, FireWire and USB hard/flash drives, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and much more. Detailed online help is available. Centralized workstation backup and an ability of fast system recovery distinguish Handy Backup Server from other network backup software.
Here are some key features of "Handy Backup Server":
Supported data for backup:
· Local files and folders
· Files and folders stored on network computers, FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers, Amazon S3 storage
· Personal Windows folders: Documents, Pictures, Desktop, Favorties, and other
· E-mail clients: Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail
· Image-based backup
· Microsoft SQL Server
· MySQL databases
· Oracle databases
· IBM Lotus Domino/Notes databases
· IBM DB2 data server databases
· ODBC-compatible databases
· Data stored on networked computers (in Network Server edition)
· Full, incremental and differential backup
· Flexible file and folder filtering with file masks
· Integrated ZIP compression engine
· 128-bit Blowfish encryption
· Folder synchronization (mirror backup). Can be used to sync local, external, and networked drives, FTP/SFTP/FTPS servers and Amazon S3
· Versioned backup (separate folders with timestamps for each backup)
Supported storage media and protocols:
· Any local or external drives including USB and FireWire devices
· Network drives
· FTP, SFTP, FTPS servers
· Amazon S3 storage
· CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD discs
· Novosoft Remote Backup Service
· Full support for Unicode characters in filenames
· Support for long paths (over 259 symbols)
· Open file backup using Volume Shadow Service
· Recovery drive creation
· Restoration of backup to a different location (can be used to clone drives or databases)
Administering and control options:
· Flexible scheduler for any types of tasks
· E-mail notifications about operation results
· Launch third-party applications before or after task execution
· Command line interface
· Tasks are saved in an XML format and can be easily imported and exported
· Detailed backup history
· Option to run backup on logon/logoff
· 25 MB of free disk space
· 128 MB RAM
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Windows Libraries Backup:
· The new Windows Libraries Backup plug-in lets you back up and restore Libraries in Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
· Back in December 2011, when we planned a major update from version 6, we asked our users if they would accept the new version 7 faster, but without several features. The Registry Backup plug-in was one of the low priority items, and eventually the version was released without it. Now we are glad to announce that version 7.3.2 brings back registry backup and recovery – and this time it can be used not only on local computers, but also on remote workstations.
· Just like the new Windows Libraries Backup plug-in, the new plug-in is available in Home Standard edition.
Improved FTP Backup:
· Some users have reported problems using FTP backup under 64-bit version of Windows 7. We have carefully reviewed all factors on which this could depend and made some enhancements – now all FTP, SFTP and FTPS features should work ...