Softpedia Editor's Review for Magic Photo Recovery
Recover lost and deleted digital images completely automatically
Written by Elena Opris on April 27th, 2012
Magic Photo Recovery is an application which can help you retrieve image files which have been lost or previously deleted from your computer.
The interface of the application is user-friendly. You can get started by selecting the hard disk drive or physical disk that you want to scan.
So, you can select the scanning mode between normal scan, deep analysis or both.
Magic Photo Recovery allows you to look for deleted files only and to filter your search by using masks (partial or complete file name). Plus, you can search by size, date or by the selected file types.
Once results are displayed, you can sort images (e.g. by dimensions, name), change the viewing mode (e.g. thumbnails, details), invert the selection, as well as preview pictures (optionally rotate them) and check out file properties.
In "Options" you can save and mount a disk, refresh the list of disks, change the interface language, and more. Magic Photo Recovery uses a moderate amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive tutorial with snapshots for beginners. We haven't come across any issues during our tests and scanning is quickly done.
Unfortunately, the unregistered version doesn't allow us to retrieve files. In this case, we cannot properly evaluate the product. With all things considered, we can only suggest you test Magic Photo Recovery for yourself. It certainly looks promising.
Magic Photo Recovery description
Here are some key features of "Magic Photo Recovery":
· Any types of file systems are supported: FAT12 /16/32, NTFS (NT4) and NTFS5.
· Magic Photo Recovery supports all types of file systems of operational system MS Windows, including the modern versions NTFS used in Windows XP.
· Restores from any data carriers.
· The program supports any types of data carriers (hard disks, digital cameras, USB-disks, flash-cards, memory cards of mobile phones, etc.).
· Restores the images lost after a virus attack or because of program errors.
· Images could be removed, if your system was attacked by a virus. Some programs also can remove erroneously files. You can restore them, using Magic Photo Recovery.
· Restores the images removed without use of a basket.
· Many programs at removal of a file from a disk do not use a basket. Even considering, that these files are not present, you can find them on a disk and restore. Also you can restore the images removed from a basket.
· Restores files after formatting disks.
· You can restore files from the formatted partitions. Even if you have formatted a disk and thus have changed type of file system on it, all equally remains chance, that the program can find and restore files from the previous disk!
· Simplicity of use and attractive interface.
· Developers of the program obtained a down to earth simplicity giving the user ease of use. As a result, you can restore any images by selecting a button, even if you are not skillful with a computer.
· Opportunity of viewing of images before restoration.
· The built in browser of images will help you to choose the necessary photos easily.
· Option of the filter.
· You have an opportunity to filter the image under the status (existing, deleted), to the size and the dimension.
· 16 MB of RAM
· Enough disk space for restoration of files
· Administrative privileges
· Recover function disabled