Softpedia Editor's Review for Rar Password Unlocker
Recovers RAR password to open and extract the files
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 15th, 2012
Rar Password Unlocker is an easy to use password recovery tool specifically designed to work with RAR archives.
Offering a very user-friendly interface with features organized in tabs right in the main window, Rar Password Unlocker is aimed at both beginners and more experienced users, relying on a few steps to be followed before the task comes to an end.
There are four tabs available at your disposal, “Recovery”, “Brute-force”, “Dictionary” and “Option”, and although it may sound a bit difficult at the first glance, everything's very intuitive.
There are two different types of attacks to be performed on each password-protected archive, brute-force attack, which tries all possible combinations, and brute-force with mask attack, in case some password characters are known.
Once you pick the method to break the password, you can define password length and the character set, which can be either lowercase or uppercase characters, digits or other symbols. You can use either the built-in dictionary or a dedicated one to increase the overall efficiency of the app.
You definitely need to have a look in options too because you can set program priority, with two different options to choose from, idle and high.
The password recovery process doesn't go too fast and the CPU and RAM seem to be seriously stressed up during this time, so you may need a fast system to successfully complete the task.
Rar Password Unlocker works okay on Windows 7 and administrator privileges aren't required.
Overall, Rar Password Unlocker is a handy software solution, but it has to be more friendly with computer resources in order to be used on older machines as well. Good thing it's so easy to navigate though.
Rar Password Unlocker description
Here are some key features of "Rar Password Unlocker":
· Powerful RAR password recovery tool.
· Recover passwords for all RAR archives (*.rar) created by WinRAR and other tools.
· Recover password fast using advanced SSE and search algorithm.
· Support GPU acceleration and multi-core CPUs.
· Support Brute-force, Brute-force with Mask and Dictionary attacks.
· Auto-save password recovery state in case of interruption or stop.
· Search for password-protected RAR files.
· Easy and user-friendly interface
· Easy, fast and quick to use for everyone.
· 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz is recommended)
· 512 MB (1 GB is recommended)
· 11 MB free hard disk space
· Passwords longer than 3 characters can't be recovered
· Only checks 10000 combinations in the dictionary as possible password
· Dictionary Attack disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Speed up the WinRAR password recovery process by using the advanced search algorithm and multiple-core processors and NVIDIA-GPU.
· You can also pause your process for better usage once the power turns off or computer shuts down.
· In addition, the "continue file" allows you to load the progress preserved last time.