SMARegisTry Backup is the first program of its kind to offer a viable, stable, and time saving approach to backing up selective registry keys within Windows environments. SMARegisTry Backup allows you to select the registry keys you want to backup.
SMARegisTry Backup is an open source software. SMARegisTry Backup allows you to create, load, and save lists of registry keys you'd like to backup. SMARegisTry Backup then ties into the regedit.exe API and exports the keys you've selected automatically to a directory of your choice.
SMARegisTry Backup can also restore registry keys one at a time or all at once by scanning a directory for all .reg files and importing them all at once into the Windows registry. There are several registry backup programs out there, but they do not allow you selectively pick your keys!
· .NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SMARegisTry Backup no longer crashes when it is unable to open a registry key based on access permissions. It logs all problems in the log file and will inform you as to which keys it was unable to open.
· GUI Enhancements
· Fixed command line argument logging and enhanced the way arguments work.
· Fixed a critical bug dealing with quotes in directory paths.
· Added new command line arguments to automatically backup a list of registry keys or import all keys from a directory.
· Changed "View Key Contents" to provide better information and ease of adding sub-keys to the list.
· Changed the default registry key naming structure. For example, registry keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER are now named HKCU_[NAMEOFKEY].reg rather than [NAMEOFKEY].reg. This prevents duplicates.