BootIt Bare Metal description
Excellent all-in-one boot and partition manager
BootIt Bare Metal builds on the success of its predecessor, BootIt NG, continuing to provide a high-quality partition manager, boot manager, and disk imaging program in single package, further enforcing TeraByte’s position as a leading innovator of advanced multi-booting software.
Some of the many partition operations include non-destructive resizing, converting, creating, copying, moving, deleting, and undeleting on hard drives beyond 16 exabytes in size.
Standard MBR, EMBR, and GPT type disks are all supported, as is safely converting between them. The built-in BCD editor provides an easy way to fix Windows BCD booting problems. Users can easily enable Windows 7 partition alignment standards and more advanced users will appreciate the full control over drive geometry.
Boot operating systems from any partition on any hard drive (up to 16) or boot multiple operating systems from a single partition. With a host of options available for each boot item, BootIt BM provides an unequaled level of flexibility in configuring a multi-boot system.
When using EMBR type disks (which support over 200 primary partitions), load only the partitions needed for that operating system – great when OS isolation is required. The system can be further customized and secured with user IDs and passwords. Create and restore backup images of partitions or entire drives using the included full version of TeraByte’s Image for DOS – accessible directly from the BootIt BM desktop.
Easily migrate to a larger drive or recover from hard drive failure or corruption. Image files can be saved to internal or external drives and have full compatibility with Image for Windows and Image for Linux. BootIt BM features a simple, mouse-driven graphical interface, and is entirely self-contained, requiring no operating system to install and run.
Furthermore, users can implement partitioning and disk imaging functions from the boot media, without any additional installation.
Here are some key features of "BootIt Bare Metal":
· Supports MBR, EMBR and GPT type partitioning.
· Direct support for PATA/SATA (AHCI) drives.
· Create, move, copy, delete, and undelete partitions.
· Optionally, wipe a partition when deleted.
· Non-destructive resizing of FAT/FAT32, NTFS, and Linux Ext2/3/4 partitions.
· Create over 200 primary partitions on EMBR disks.
· Specify unlimited primary partitions on a per-drive basis.
· Convert between MBR, EMBR and GPT type disks.
· Easily enforce Windows 7 partition alignment standards.
· Complete control over drive geometry.
· Directly edit the Windows BCD store to fix booting errors – no Windows DVD required!
· Edit small text files on any supported partition, even those hidden from Windows.
· Supports hard drives beyond 16 exabytes in size.
· Boot any partition on any hard drive (up to 16), including logical volumes.
· Boot multiple operating systems from a single partition.
· Supports hiding/unhiding partitions, “swapping” of drives, and partition table order for each boot item.
· Automatically detects existing operating systems upon installation and adds them to the boot menu.
· Use the Direct Boot Menu to boot directly into any partition, bypassing the normal boot menu.
· Customize and secure the computer with user IDs and passwords.
· Support booting to Linux, MS-DOS, OS/2, and more...
· Compatible with Linux file systems.
· Create backup images of single partitions, multiple partitions, or entire drives.
· Quickly recover from drive failure, corruption or data loss by restoring an image or extracting the data from a backup.
· Migrate to a new drive by restoring an image or by copying (cloning) the original drive. Optionally, expand existing partitions to utilize a larger drive.
· Support for both internal and external drives (including USB 2.0, IEEE1394, and eSATA).
· 16MB RAM
· Floppy Drive for Installation
· i386 Processor
· 30 days trial
| ||Softpedia guarantees that BootIt Bare Metal 1.19 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |