Extended Operating System Loader 1.1.5
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Extended Operating System Loader 1.1.5:
- Data saving problem solved. For some systems (with a ABIT BE6 motherboard) all saved changes would be lost again after reboot.
- Invalid boot items, which are valid again are now automatically enabled. A boot item is invalid when, for instance, its partition is on a detached removable disk.
- Because drive swapping won't work for Windows 9x/Me, it is not checked by default anymore for partitions on the second, third, etc. hard disk.
- Enhancement: Integrated Smart Boot Manager to support IDE CD-ROM booting.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 436 KB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ System \ Boot Manager/Disk
Extended Operating System Loader (XOSL) is a boot managing utility that can help the user create a menu with multiple boot options. According to the developer, the application can work with as many as 24 boot items.
Before trying out XOSL keep in mind that the application has been developed for less advanced operating systems. As such, it offers support for earlier generations of Windows (95/98, 2000).
Installation optionsAlthough the operation is console-based, installing the tool should not be too difficult because the developer includes documentation files that provide all the proper instructions and points to the necessary utilities.
The two options available allow the user to install XOSL either to a DOS drive or to a specific partition; in the case of the latter all the information on the drive is destroyed.
Easy to handle GUITo make things easier on the user the application makes available a graphical user interface that can be managed easily.
It offers the possibility to organize the entries of the various OSs by moving them up and down in the list. Also, it provides some visual customization options, such as the possibility to define its screen area.
XOSL relies on Smart Boot Manager, a tool that loads by BIOS and allows choosing the operating system the user wants to boot into.
Create a panel with multi-boot optionsExtended Operating System Loader is not designed for the regular user and it may not work on modern operating systems.
Extended Operating System Loader was reviewed by Ionut Ilascu, last updated on June 2nd, 2014
Runs on: Windows 2K / 9X / ME / NT