ALV (Advanced Log Viewer) is a handy and reliable utility designed to enable you to view and manage log files.
ALV (Advanced Log Viewer) features a very intuitive interface that allows you to view all the details of the opened log files. Logs can be filtered by date or custom text.
Here are some key features of "ALV (Advanced Log Viewer)":
· Possibility to browse for logs around currently opened log file
· Log content is shown in structured parsed form (Date, Thread, Class)
· One log message is represented by one item in log viewer (multiline message is parsed as one item - typically exception)
· Auto refresh when file is changed / auto scroll (live logs watching)
· Adjust log level directly in associated Config file for each log (currently is supported log4net).
· Filter items - by date (from, to) or / and by text in specified column(s)
· Search for text up or down in specified column(s). Can search by regex
· Icons by message type (Debug, Error, Warn, ...)
· Color highlighting by text content
· Clickable small side panel with color markers indicating warnings and errors.
· Jump to nearest date time or line number
· Synchronized movement between multiple windows (different logs) by date time
· Drag and drop file to show it's content
· Jump to nearest date time in different log
· List of another log parts with possibility to show or merge them.
· Bookmarks for simpler orientation
· Integration with any external Text diff tool to compare message content between two lines
· List of recently opened log files with possibility to mark any file as favorite
· .NET Framework 4.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Parser Patterns: Added possibility to specify mutliple date time formats in case log contains date time in different formats.
· Significantly improved performance of date time parsing which leads to improved performance of log loading.