Softpedia Editor's Review for Any DWF to DWG Converter
Batch convert DWF files to AutoCAD DWG and DXF files.
Written by Elena Opris on February 1st, 2013
As its name suggests, Any DWF to DWG Converter can process files supported by AutoCAD. More specifically, it transforms Design Web Format files (DWF) into Drawings (DWG) and Drawing Interchange Format items (DXF).
The app is wrapped in a standard interface with an intuitive layout. Importing files into the list can be done with the help of either the file browser, tree view or 'drag and drop' method. It is possible to process multiple items at the same time.
The file queue displays the source path and status of each item. All you have to do is establish the output directory, file types (DWG, DXF, or both) and AutoCAD version (ranging from AutoCAD 2.5 to AutoCAD 2010), in order to initialize the conversion procedure.
In addition, you can include subdirectories in the file list, write the necessary passwords if the DWFs are protected, as well as remove an item from the list or clear the entire file queue.
Unfortunately, Any DWF to DWG Converter does not come with advanced configurable settings. For example, you cannot specify the type of objects to convert (e.g. layers) or make the app open the output directory when the tasks are done.
Nevertheless, the software application uses a very low amount of CPU and system memory to finish a task briefly. It has a good response time, includes a help file and delivers files with a good graphics quality. There were no problems during our tests; Any DWF to DWG Converter did not freeze, crash or pop up errors. However, advanced users would be at least slightly disappointed by the lack of advanced features. No recent updates have been made to the app.
Any DWF to DWG Converter description
Here are some key features of "Any DWF to DWG Converter":
· Convert DWF to DWG and DXF.
· Supports all DWF entity types exported by AutoCAD, including arcs, elliptical arcs, ellipses, true type fonts and etc.
· Supports the DWF multi-page specification.
· Restores the layers in DWF, renders entire DWF pages.
· Extracts embedded Images from the DWF file.
· Batch conversion ability allows you to convert an unlimited number of DWF files at a time.
· It is a standalone program, AutoCAD not required.
· 64 MB of free available system RAM (128 MB highly recommended)
· The demo version will only allow you to convert 3 files at a time