AstroGrep is a simple utility designed to assist users in searching for files they are interested in. It is a UNIX command-line program which searches within files for keywords.
The program includes regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recent used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source codes.
Here are some key features of "AstroGrep":
· Regular expressions
· Concurrent multiple file types
· Recursive directory searching
· A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
· Most Recently Used list for search paths
· Somewhat versatile printing options
· Double click to open file with editor of your choice
· Store Most Recently Used file names and search expressions
· Match Whole Word Only
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated AstroGrep to fix an issue with the results font saving and using . for the decimal separator in Non-English languages (bug 36).
· Also fixed the Microsoft Word plugin issue (bug 37).
· Added a setting to save the search options on exit (support request 3).