Auslogics Duplicate File Finder 22.214.171.124
Delete duplicate files to free up your hard disk space with various settings regarding file size as well as namas, dates or deletion options
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder is a program that you can use to locate and delete duplicate files, in order to free up space on your hard drive.
The interface of the application is based on a clean and easy-to-follow wizard in which you can get started by selecting the type of duplicate files that you want to find (images, audio, video, archives, applications or all), as well as the target volume or folder.
In addition, you can set the search criteria by ignoring files that are smaller or larger than a particular size, along with file names and dates.
Plus, you can enable Auslogics Duplicate File Finder to send the duplicates to the Recycle Bin or Rescue Center (which allows file recovery), or to permanently delete them from your computer.
During the scanning process you can check out a progress bar, current step, as well as elapsed time. Once the task is done, you can check out the name, path, size and date of modification of each file. The original files and their duplicates are grouped by color, so you can easily identify them.
So, you can select all items, all duplicates in each group or one item in each group, as well as choose the deletion method. Furthermore, you can view file properties, explore the containing folder, sort items (e.g. ascending, by name), change the interface language, and more.
The file recovery system requires a low amount of system resources, quickly finishes a task and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. Although the tool doesn't contain any extraordinary features, it is fast, easy to use and gets the job done. We strongly recommend Auslogics Duplicate File Finder to all users, regardless of their experience level.
Reviewed by Elena Opris on May 31st, 2012
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- added duplicate preview feature to help the user decide which duplicates should be removed;
- added options to Settings that manage the preview feature;
- added advanced search feature that lets the user look for duplicates in scan results using more precise filters;
- added Ignore List to Settings, which helps significantly reduce duplicate scan time and lets you exclude system folders and other files that shouldn?t be removed;
Application descriptionAuslogics Duplicate File Finder will help you rapidly find and remove duplicate files so you won’t experience la...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function