Softpedia Editor's Review for Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
Delete duplicate files to free up your hard disk space
Written by Elena Opris on May 31st, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder is a program that you can use to locate and delete duplicate files, in order to free up space on your hard drive.
The interface of the application is based on a clean and easy-to-follow wizard in which you can get started by selecting the type of duplicate files that you want to find (images, audio, video, archives, applications or all), as well as the target volume or folder.
In addition, you can set the search criteria by ignoring files that are smaller or larger than a particular size, along with file names and dates.
Plus, you can enable Auslogics Duplicate File Finder to send the duplicates to the Recycle Bin or Rescue Center (which allows file recovery), or to permanently delete them from your computer.
During the scanning process you can check out a progress bar, current step, as well as elapsed time. Once the task is done, you can check out the name, path, size and date of modification of each file. The original files and their duplicates are grouped by color, so you can easily identify them.
So, you can select all items, all duplicates in each group or one item in each group, as well as choose the deletion method. Furthermore, you can view file properties, explore the containing folder, sort items (e.g. ascending, by name), change the interface language, and more.
The file recovery system requires a low amount of system resources, quickly finishes a task and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. Although the tool doesn't contain any extraordinary features, it is fast, easy to use and gets the job done. We strongly recommend Auslogics Duplicate File Finder to all users, regardless of their experience level.
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder description
Here are some key features of "Auslogics Duplicate File Finder":
· Improve computer performance by deleting duplicate files
· Identical files not only waste your hard disk space, but also may cause system slowdowns. By deleting duplicate files you can reduce time needed to defragment your hard drives and minimize time used by antivirus to scan your computer.
· Sort and organize your media collections
· Media files collections, such as music, video, images and photos, often become the primary source of identical files. If you have a music collection of several hundreds or even thousands mp3-files, you may want to sort them by deleting identical tracks.
· With Auslogics Duplicate File Finder you can organize your media files and increase free disk space needed to enlarge your collection.
· Find duplicate files by content!
· Auslogics Duplicate File Finder has the MD5 search engine which allows the program to search for duplicate files by content, regardless of other match criteria. It would be helpful, for example, when two identical mp3 tracks or video files have different names.
· 32 Mb of RAM
· 6 Mb of available disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed several bugs
· corrected errors in language files
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function