Hardwipe is a handy and reliable utility designed to wipe your files. It is a document shredder for your computer. It erases file contents and cleans unused hard-disk space to prevent personal and business information from ever being recovered.
Hardwipe provides a slick user interface that integrates seamlessly with Windows Explorer so that you can simply right-click to wipe files, clean hard-disks and USB sticks.
Here are some key features of "Hardwipe":
· Cleans USB sticks of sensitive data.
· Integrates with Windows Explorer so you can wipe files simply by right-clicking!
· Able to purge your Windows Swapfile*.
· Drive cleaning is fast! Approximately 3 times quicker than SDelete.
· Intelligent use of disk cache so that your computer remains responsive when cleaning entire drives.
· Hardwipe can shutdown your computer automatically when finished — so you can simply leave a lengthy job running. Useful when cleaning large hard-drives, which can take several hours.
· Supports all major overwriting schemes, including: GOST P50739-95, DOD 5220.22-M, Schneier & Gutmann.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New "Portable Edition" created.
· User is now able to install and update "language packs" themselves.
· The previously "embedded" Spanish & French languages are now available as separate language packs.
· Advertising added to main application window.
· The large "speed control buttons" have been removed and replaced with a smaller drop-down box.
· The application now closes by default after wiping a file from within Explorer. This behavior is configurable.
· Added update reminder feature.
· QT libraries updated to latest version.
· Other minor user interface updates.
· Bug Fix: Clean free space failed with very large FAT32 formatted drives.
· Bug Fix: Orphaned windows shutcuts were not listed in the built-in file dialog.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime