Softpedia Editor's Review for Jar To Exe
Convert JAR files into EXE files
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 16th, 2013
Jar To Exe is a useful software solution designed to convert JAR files into EXE format via a simple wizard that comprises just a few steps.
The idea of the whole application is quite simple: users are able to open a JAR file just like any other executable, without temporary files and with tray icon support.
The whole program comes down to a total of six steps that require you to select the minimum JRE version required when the application runs and the program type you wish to create.
There are three different options available, as follows: “Console Application”, “Windows GUI Application” and “Windows NT Service”.
As said, the created program doesn't generate any temporary files, while users are allowed to add application icons and version information.
Additionally, Jar To Exe can create 64-bit executables, offering System Tray icons for each generated application.
Jar To Exe can be safely used by beginners and professional users alike, but it's still a good thing that each step comes with detailed descriptions and information.
Obviously, Jar To Exe runs pretty smooth and it doesn't affect system performance at all, with a minimum footprint on computer resources.
All in all, Jar To Exe is a useful application that does what it says in a very simple way and thanks to the fact that it relies on a wizard-like interface with just six steps, it can be safely used by those uninitiated as well.
Jar To Exe description
Here are some key features of "Jar To Exe":
· Generated exe files can add program icons and version information.
· Generated exe files can encrypt and protect java programs, no temporary files will be generated when program runs.
· Generated exe files provide system tray icon support.
· Generated exe files provide record system event log support.
· Generated windows service exe files are able to install/uninstall itself, and support service pause/continue.
· Both wizard mode and command line mode supported.
· Intel Pentium or AMD processor, 1 GHz
· 256M of RAM
· Nag screen
· 15 days trial period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Part of files in jar file can keep not hidden when hide function enabled.
· Provide a 'SelfUpgrade' class in integrate api to overwrite exe file itself for upgrade.