PixName is a picture-managment tool: download pictures into folders pre-named with picture's date, replace the camera-generated names with meaningful names with the help of user-friendly and efficient mechanisms, create slide shows in the precise order you like and create reduced-weight pictures for email.
When downloading pictures to your computer, PixName will propose a folder name starting with the date of the first picture. Add the subject and your picture folders are automatically sorted by date.
Digital cameras generate filenames with no useful information. PixName was designed to simplify replacing these filenames with filenames which are meaningful to the users. This is done at Windows level, and consequently is not linked to any application.
Managing pictures becomes easier since you know from a filename what a picture represents, and this information is available to all Windows applications, including search programs which arre very handy to locate pictures.
PixName is smarter than Windows Explorer for renaming:it remembers previous names, it provides one-click shortcuts for often-used items and it allows to rename a number of pictures at the same time. By adding a number before the filename PixName allows to determine the order of pictures in a folder.
If you have pictures from different cameras in one folder use the 'Sort by date' feature to list the pictures in a chronological order.PixName can generate slide shows on the fly directly from the picture files, and it displays both the folder name and the picture filename.
Finally, PixName can create light-weight pictures to send by email, with the same filenames as the original pictures. Both you and the receiver of the email know what the pictures are about!As long as you do not modify the pictures themselves, PixName is all you need to accompany your digital camera.
Here are some key features of "PixName":
· Download pictures from your camera directly into dated folders, automatically generated in a clear structure, for access by year or by theme.
· Rename and prepare pictures for email, arrange pictures in a precise order and display them in slide shows.
· Renaming pictures does away with cluttered with meaningless files.
· The slide shows option display picture file names so you know what you see. They also give you full control - automatic or manual - over the show.
· The program can create "light" versions of your pictures, ready to be attached to email.
· It works in English and French, and has the capacity to integrate other languages.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· When using the automatic folders option, it is now possible to define additional users or themes within the general master folder. User or theme folders are organized just like the master folder - by decade and year - and benefit from all of PixName's features. Any user or theme can be integrated into the general master folder, with an automatic dispatching of folders and files to the apropriate locations in the general structure.
· PixName 4 on a laptop can display slides stored on a remote computer (also running PixName) accessible by a wired or WIFI network. This feature allows to display slides on a TV connected to the laptop by DVI or HDMI in the TV room with a pictures base on the computer in the study. Available for Windows and Mac OS X.
· The ability to occasionally download pictures from the camera to a folder outside of PixName's folder structure while still retaining the automatic folder structure for the general use.
· Automatic detection of new versions.