SpaceSniffer is a program developed to give you an idea about the structure of folders and files on your disks. By using a Treemap visualization layout, you have immediate perception of where big folders and files are situated on your devices.
Start a scan process and see the overall situation. The bigger are the elements on the view, the bigger are folders and files on your disk. you can get a more detailed view by just clicking on one of the big elements.
Here are some key features of "SpaceSniffer":
· Fast and easy to use
· Supports drag and drop
· Export module lets you produce customizable textual reports
· Intuitive structure layout, multiple views for different media
· Zoomable elements, navigate like a web browser
· The Windows folders and file popup menu is accessible by right mouse click
· It's possible to restrict the view content by typing simple yet powerful filtering criteria
· Lets you temporary tag files with four different colors and perform filtering on them
· Different views of the same media can show differently filtered elements
· Customizable in geometry, colors, behaviors
· You can navigate even during the scan
· Smart cached scanning engine, multiple views, single scan
· You can refine a zoomed area by a secondary scan process, even with main scan active
· Reacts to file system events, keeps always in synch, warns you by blinking elements
· Can scan NTFS Alternate Data Streams
· It doesn't clutter your registry, only a plain XML configuration file
· It's portable, no installation required, just put the executable somewhere and let's go
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now it's possible to start an export to file from command line.
· Added classes filter (example: multimedia, archives ecc...)
· Improved stability when deleting a focused folder.
· Added "SpaceSniffer" to all floating windows title.
· Now paths with spaces behave again correctly in command line.