Softpedia Editor's Review for Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder
Find and delete duplicate photos
Written by Gabriela Vatu on November 22nd, 2012
If you work with various image editors, chances are you have dozens of copies of the same image, created on the off-chance that the app might crash. Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder is a program that can easily detect any duplicate photos.
The software uses advanced algorithms to detect similar images both in folders and subfolders. Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder works even if the images have different formats, bit depths or sizes.
In order to customize your scan, you can modify the similarity percentage level in order to broaden your result list.
Furthermore, you can also look for 100% identical files, items with the same size or the same date and time. In addition, you can also filter the scan by setting a maximum and minimum size value, as well as a time frame. Folders and formats can also be excluded from the search.
To choose the files you want to remove from your computer, you must tick the checkbox next to each entry. These can also be moved to a user-defined directory.
The software supports a wide range of file formats, such as JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIF, JP2, TGA, PCX, BMP, WMF, WMF, ICO, RAW, HDP and PSD.
All in all, Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder is a useful tool if you have too many copies of the same files scattered all over your partitions. The app has a simple and effective interface. The intuitive layout is really helpful for users who haven’t worked with similar software before.
Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder description
Here are some key features of "Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder":
· Can find similar images
· Can use auto-check
· Can move/delete duplicate images
· Organize photos and find all similar and duplicate images in user specified folders using visual compare
· Smaller file size duplicates can be automatically marked for deletion
· Show preview for original and duplicate images
· Duplicate images can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
· CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
· 128 MB RAM
· 20 MB free hard disk space
· True Color display and video card
· You cannot delete or move the selected duplicate images using Move or Delete Selected buttons.
· You cannot use Open with Associated Program and Locate in Explorer popup menu items.
· You cannot Save/Load projects.
· Nag screen.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved RAW images processing speed up to 80%
· Added .kdc, .srw, .bay, .3fr, .k25, .cam, .nrw, .mos, .dc2, .rw1, .rwl as recognizable RAW files extensions
· Fixed some issues when scanning NEF files
· You can now add folders by using drag&drop from Windows Explorer
· Improved "Browse for Folders" dialog, scans faster folders with many files
· Other small GUI fixes and enhancements. New 32-bit toolbar icons.