A useful application for tagging files and folders in order to ease the finding of any documents you may need
With tag2find you do not need to have inflexible folder structures anymore: tagging frees your information.
With tag2find you can easily create labels or keywords that will help you find the files you need in no time.
Here are some key features of "tag2find":
tag2find is integrated...
· tag2find can be integrated everywhere where you need it - in the taskbar, in Explorer, in Internet Explorer or even in a floating position.
Tag wherever you are...
· tag2find is where you need it. Tag files using the file's context menu, drag&drop it to the next tag2find toolbar, the Floating TagBox, the TagBrowser.
· Just a little textbox... with so much power to find and organize your information.
· Never get lost in your tagged desktop. Related tags guide you to using your tags consistently while tagging and provide you suggestions on how to get closer to the goal of your research while searching.
Play music & movies...
· Enjoy videos and music directly from tag2find by using your pre-installed Windows Media Player 9+.
· Explore your tagged files by browsing them, sorting them, filtering them. Let the TagBrowser guide you to your information and enjoy your multimedia content from one spot. Limit search by files types (e.g. find only movies,images,etc.) tagged; with a special tag). TagBrowser also offers you powerful features for quickly organizing the tags of large amounts of files.
· ... visualizes your most popular tags at one glimpse. Surf your tagged desktop and discover your information by browsing through your own personal TagCloud.
Personalize tag2find to suit your needs...
· tag2find is highly configurable to suite your special needs. Change the way tags look, what should be included in your search result, and how important parts of tag2find behave.
New File Monitoring
· Get automatically informed by tag2find as soon as you create or download new files. "New File Monitor" will watch certain folders (which you can define) for new files of a certain type (we provide you with a good set to start with). Whenever a new file is created in such a location, you will be notified by a small popup that there is a new file and you can now quickly and easily assign your tags to this file or lad them into TagBrowser.
· You can now not only drag files into tag2find, you can also drag them out of the search result popup or the TagBrowser. If you drag files over to explorer, the files will be moved/copied. If you drag them to your e-mail composer window, they will be attached to the mail. If you drag & drop them to an open application, most applications will open the file you drop. The behavior is the same as from Windows Explorer, so anything you can do with drag & drop from Explorer, you can now also do from tag2find!
Export/Import your tags
· If you are going to set up your computer again or if you want to move over files to a new computer you can use export/import of tag2find.
Tag Initializer (simple version)
· Using tags is cool, but the hard part is starting your own tag environment. tag2find will help you by automatically tagging your files for you, to get you started.
· .NET Framework 2.0
· NTFS formatted file system
· administrative rights for installation.
our in-depth analysis