Acronis Drive Monitor is a free, downloadable software application developed by Acronis to monitor server, workstation and PC hard disk drives. We all depend on instant access to data stored on our hard drives - buried inside PC laptops, workstations and servers - but those disks are vulnerable to severe failures that can cause you to lose business and personal data.
Acronis Drive Monitor alerts you to problems that may indicate an imminent failure so you can be prepared to handle it without data loss. Acronis Drive Monitor gives users extra time to react in order to save data contained on disk devices and to arrange for their replacements.
When Acronis Drive Monitor sees a problem, it immediately generates an email or onscreen alert describing the specific finding. Context-sensitive help explains what the alerts mean. Weekly reports summarize the electromechanical health of all the disks under Acronis Drive Monitor management.
The Acronis Drive Monitor application was developed to help you monitor server, workstation and PC hard disk drives.
Acronis Drive Monitor checks disk health in the following three categories and reports deviations from normal operation to users, giving them an opportunity to replace affected drives prior to a potential total failure:
State and health of physical drive (including temperature, seek error rate, spin-up time and more than 20 other indicators) via a disk-resident monitoring function called S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) is presented in a understandable form. Acronis Drive Monitor also supports other storage, such as non-S.M.A.R.T.-compatible RAID systems, via scripts.
Critical events that may indicate an increased risk for data safety, even when S.M.A.R.T. output data shows no abnormalities. These include: logical file system corruptions on NTFS and FAT file systems, corruption of dynamic disk logical structure, failed read or write operations that might indicate faulty hardware or drivers, and Volume Shadow Copy service failures.
State of disk backups. Acronis Drive Monitor users who also already use the latest Acronis home or business products, such as Acronis True Image Home, Acronis Backup and Security 2010 and Acronis Backup & Recovery® 10, will be alerted if the latest backup has failed or if a backup has not been created for a while. Otherwise, users will be automatically reminded of the need for a backup whenever a potential hard drive problem is detected.
Here are some key features of "Acronis Drive Monitor":
Automatically checks for disk problems:
· Works on any Windows PC, workstation or server.
Monitors Event logs:
· Flags events that may indicate that data is in danger so you can back it up.
Receive alerts immediately:
· Sends an email and displays a message on the Windows taskbar when it uncovers a disk-related problem.
Weekly status reports:
· Shows the electromechanical health of all your drives in one report.
Can support RAID drives too:
· Scripting allows you to monitor RAID controllers not using S.M.A.R.T. monitoring technology. An Acronis forum acts as a clearinghouse for users to share scripts.
Three kinds of support:
· An Acronis forum, a knowledge base with dozens of articles and a built-in help function are available for this easy-to-use software application.
· Mouse or other pointing device (recommended)
· 256 MB RAM
· Pentium Processor 1 GHz or faster