If you are looking for an external hard disk drive solution that can be used interchangeably between Windows XP, Windows Vista and Window 7, there is only one way to prepare the hard disk and CompuApps SwissKnife Premium does it for you.
Use CompuApps SwissKnife Premium to create and delete partitions or to format your IDE hard disk drives in one simple, smooth process. While the product has been tested up to 400GB, it should support hard disks of up to 2048GB.
SwissKnife allows creation of FAT32 & NTFS partitions. FAT16 option is provided for compatibility. Supports Internal interfaces such as IDE and SCSI and External interfaces such as Hi-Speed USB, Parallel port, PCMCIA, USB On-The-Go, Firewire, SATA interfaces etc. Creates Fixed and Removable Disk Format types.
Note: Will not allow to partition boot disk for data safety.
Here are some key features of "CompuApps SwissKnife Premium":
· Formats faster than the OS (click on chart for details)
· Allows change of cluster size during Full format or Quick Format
· Divides a single hard drive into one or more partitions
· Supports Hi-Speed USB, PCMCIA, SATA, SCSI, USB 1.1, and FireWire external drives
· Supports Fixed and Removable disk formats
· Supports FAT, FAT32 & NTFS systems
· Allows creation of a single partition of up to 2TB of FAT32 or NTFS file systems.
· Full format or Quick Format of existing partitions
· Selective partitions can be modified for optimum flexibility
· A 486 computer or higher
· 3 MB of free hard disk space for your software
· 16 MB RAM