Softpedia Editor's Review for Uniblue DriverScanner
Detect obsolete divers on your PC
Written by Bogdan Popa on November 9th, 2012
Uniblue DriverScanner is an application designed to help you deal with drivers in a nice and easy way. It relys on a set of dedicated tools to update drivers, create backups and restore them in just a few minutes.
Using DriverScanner is not at all difficult because it comes with a straightforward interface that guides you through the whole process.
You can thus scan your computer and get a comprehensive list of drivers to be updated, along with download links to get the job done without even leaving the main window of the app.
And speaking of the main window, along with device driver information, you also get a bunch of version details, plus driver age and a 'learn more' link to see even more info.
Uniblue DriverScanner can display information on every single piece of hardware under the hood of your computer, including network adapters, processors, sound, video and game controllers, disk drives, display adapters and USB controllers.
On the other hand, it also comprises dedicated tools to backup and restore drivers, so you are able to remove and install drivers in just a few minutes with a single click.
The application works with so-called restore points, similar to the ones created by Windows, only that these ones are made by DriverScanner every time a new piece of driver is installed on your computer.
All in all, Uniblue DriverScanner is quite a handy tool that provides an impressive amount of information regarding your drivers. With a quite appealing interface and thanks to its ease of use, the application qualifies among the best choices when it comes to this type of software.
Uniblue DriverScanner description
Here are some key features of "Uniblue DriverScanner":
· Windows Familiar GUI
· System overview and recommendations
· System tray shortcut
· Shows Scan Progress
· Shows driver statuses
· Extensive Manual and Help
· Inbuilt reporting system for bad drivers
· Scan summary and download history
· Driver download management technology
· Disk drives scan
· Display adapters scan
· DVD/CD-ROM drives scan
· IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers scan
· Monitors scan
· Network adapters scan
· Processors scan
· Other devices scan
· Sound, video and game controllers scan
· System devices scan
· Universal serial bus controllers scan
· Unplugged devices scan
· Simultaneous driver downloads
Backup & Restore:
· Easy driver backup
· Easy driver restore
· Windows restore points
· Minimize DriverScanner to taskbar
· Minimize DriverScanner to tray
· Select number of simultaneous downloads
· Intel Pentium 4 1GHz or Equivalent processor
· 512 MB RAM
· 500 MB free hard disk space
· Additional space for driver backups and new drivers
· Graphics mode 1024x768 true color (highest 32-bit)
· Internet Explorer 6
· Internet connection
· The demo version only allows you to scan for missing and outdated drivers.
· The schedule feature is disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 2013 version;
· Fixed scan issue on Windows XP 64 bit machines;
· Available in 13 languages;
· Windows 8 compatible.