Forensic Toolkit 2.0
Tools to help examine NTFS for unauthorized activity
The Forensic ToolKit package provides several Win32 Command line tools that can help you examine the files on a NTFS disk partition for unauthorized activity. We built these tools to help us do our job, we hope they can help you as well.
- AFind is the only tool that lists files by their last access time without tampering the data the way that right-clicking on file properties in Explorer will. AFind allows you to search for access times between certain time frames, coordinating this with logon info provided from ntlast, you can to begin determine user activity even if file logging has not been enabled.
- HFind scans the disk for hidden files. It will find files that have either the hidden attribute set, or NT's unique and painful way of hiding things by using the directory/system attribute combination. This is the method that IE uses to hide data. HFind lists the last access times.
- SFind scans the disk for hidden data streams and lists the last access times.
- FileStat is a quick dump of all file and security attributes. It works on only one file at a time but this is usually sufficient.
- Hunt is a quick way to see if a server reveals too much info via NULL sessions.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!