Hard Disk Sentinel DOS Edition 1.00.5
Examine the temperature and health information (and more) of IDE and S-ATA hard disks connected to motherboard or external controller cards.
Because of direct access of hard disks (instead of using drivers), the detection may be better under DOS. For example, all disk information of all disks connected to SiI 0680 controller are displayed under DOS - but under Windows, this controller provides only limited information. It is also possible to detect and display information about disks in RAID arrays.
When the detection is completed, it is possible to save an XML report or a TXT report about the disks (similar to the report created by the Windows version, but it is smaller and contains limited information only). When the application closes, the exit code is the lowest health value found or 255 if an error occured or hard disk not found at all.
Command line switches
- /N - disable detection of disk controllers and hard disks connected to them
- /H - high compatibility mode
- /M - maximum compatibility mode (use when some hard disk(s) are not detected)
- /D - do not display "save report" option and do not wait
- /R [report.xml] - automatically save report to filename (default: report.xml)
- /A - automatically save report to file name created from current date (MMDDHHMM.xml) - /SEC - display hard disk security status also
- /ASK - ask for description and include it in report
- /TXT - create and save TXT report instead of XML
- /? - displays help information
- Detected hard disk controllers and their vendor and device IDs. Each device has an associated number (displayed with light blue)
- Size, model ID, serial number, revision of all IDE/S-ATA hard disks connected to the motherboard or these devices
- temperature, health and performance values
- Note: performance may be different compared to the detected value under Windows because under DOS the UDMA mode may not be selected previously by the BIOS
- power on time (days, hour, minutes - if supported)
- Note: this is for informational purposes only, the value displayed under Windows (after minutes of testing) is more precise
- The controller device or channel and device location (with light blue). Eg. PM = Primary master
- Detects and displays information about disks connected to AHCI controllers (Thanks to Jeff Leyda for helping in AHCI development)
- Displays full hard disk text description with errors and disk issues found (like the Windows version of Hard Disk Sentinel)
- Immediately displays highest temperature ever measured by the hard disk
- It is possible to create bootable USB drives (pendrives, memory cards, smaller hard disks) to diagnose disk with HDSDOS and save reports back to these USB drives
Hard Disk Sentinel DOS Edition
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added AHCI controller support (Thanks to Jeff Leyda for helping in AHCI development)
- Added complete text description
- Displays highest temperature ever measured
- Create bootable USB drive with Hard Disk Sentinel DOS version