Softpedia Editor's Review for PartitionGuru
Partition management made easy.
Written by Gabriela Vatu on March 28th, 2013
It’s always best to create multiple partitions on the computer in order to protect the bulk of the data in case something goes wrong with the operating system, for instance. PartitionGuru is a small program that was designed for partition management, but also for other tasks.
The utility has a simple interface that should be easy to figure out by all users.
As mentioned, the program can not only be used for managing partitions, but also for recovering data, formatting, creating and deleting partitions. It can also recover lost files, lost partitions, clone partitions and discs to image files, as well as many other jobs. Furthermore, resizing and splitting partitions, as well as hiding and renaming them is also on the job list.
You may view various details regarding each of the partitions, such as the file system, ID, start and end cylinders, as well as overall capacity. Advanced information regarding the volume label can be viewed as well.
If there are any bad sectors on the hard disk, the program can repair them. This can prevent future hard disk failure to some extent.
All in all, PartitionGuru is a nice tool that is sure to come in handy. Inexperienced users shouldn’t have any troubles with installing and working with this program, thanks to the intuitive layout.
· Pentium II 400 MHz
· 64 MB RAM
· 10 MB Disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Added the function setting sector size in the dialog box "Set Disk Geometry", which can be used to recover data when the sector size recorded by file system is not consistent with actual sector size;
· New: Added Japanese language support;
· Enhanced: When previewing files, the Pro version supports more video and audio file types;
· Enhanced: Supported loading Hyper-V VHDX virtual disk in a read-only way;
· Enhanced: More file types were added when the program searches for known file types: 3g2, m4v, mmf, X3F, M4R, AIF, MKV, MTS, WRF, WMF, VFB, VNT, IPA, PXL, GP5, VEG, DRW, QQ chatting records (.DB), etc;
· Fixed: It's available to input remarks in Chinese when the program backs up partition in its DOS version;
· Fixed: Rectified the BUG that the PartitionGuru 32bit version couldn't load PMF image of FAT partition;
· Fixed: Rectified the mistake that the backup mode All Files was adopted while the backup mode Data Sectors Only was supposed to be;
· Fixed: Removed the BUG that partitions...