The RawWrite application was designed to be a replacement for the traditional command line rawrite. RawWrite (or rawrite) is an essential tool for creating boot disks and other floppy disk images.
Traditional rawwrite programs do not run under modern versions of windows so here is the Win32 version which does.
This version supports command line parameters:
To write an image, the command is
rawwritewin [--write] [--copies n] [--drive driveno] file.img
To read an image, the command is
rawwritewin --read [--drive driveno] file.img
If file.img already exists it will be overwritten
- driveno is the index of the drive as shown when rawwritewin is run interactivly. The default is 0 which is the first drive listed
Here are some key features of "RawWrite":
· Reads 1.44Meg Floppy Disks
· Writes 1.44Meg Floppy Disks
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Remove load time requirement for wininet.dll.
· Add extra read to Win9X to settle floppy disk into the drive
· Add absolute path to dll load to prevent conflict under ME
· Packed the exe with UPX
· Created auto install script