xSleep is an open source and easy-to-use application that was designed to keep up to four USB / Firewire external hard disk drive(s) from going into sleep mode.
All you have to do is launch the application, select the drive path, input the time interval, and press the 'Start' button.
Here are some key features of "xSleep":
· Eliminates the annoying lag waiting for your external drives to spool up
· Includes an 8 hour customizable working day timer
· .NET Framework
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a prompt to "Run as Administrator" on restricted PC's, gives the user more feedback on why the "Autorun" feature may not work.
· Better handling of missing drives (if disconnected on start up).
· Support for mapped drives (should also work for eSATA).