Softpedia Editor's Review for Auto Shutdown
Easily schedule your computer to shutdown, reboot or hibernate
Written by Elena Opris on April 30th, 2012
Auto Shutdown is a simple-to-use program that allows you to schedule a power management action for your computer.
The tool comes with a user-friendly interface in which you can set your computer to turn off or restart, stand-by or go into hibernate mode.
Furthermore, the time schedule can be established between relative time, weekly or on a specified date.
On top of that, you can configure keyboard shortcuts for each aforementioned power management function, so you can easily access it.
Auto Shutdown automatically minimizes to system tray on close and must be active in order for the computer to automatically perform a scheduled action.
As we had expected, the lightweight application takes up a very low amount of CPU and system memory. We haven't come across any problems during our tests, since Auto Shutdown did not freeze, crash or pop up errors.
There is no help file available but that's because the program can be easily used by individuals of any experience level. On the other hand, the features offered by Auto Shutdown are pretty limited. For example, you cannot schedule the tool to turn off the computer when the CPU is below a certain level, or to open an application.
All in all, Auto Shutdown comes packed with the necessary and suffice elements for computer automated tasks and we strongly recommend it to all users who are more comfortable with a straightforward software.
Auto Shutdown description
Here are some key features of "Auto Shutdown":
· Auto Shutdown is open-source, and does NOT install any Ad ware or Spyware.
· Auto Shutdown lets you define different types of time schedules.
· Auto Shutdown lets you define different keyboard shortcuts for different type of shut down actions.
· Auto Shutdown works with all versions of Windows (i.e. Windows 98 up to Windows Vista).
· 1 MB free space on hard disk.
· Consumes about 5 MB of system memory.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Some minor bugs are fixed.