Softpedia Editor's Review for Auto Power-on Shut-down
Allows you to control your computer resume from power-off state or sleep mode
Written by Bogdan Popa on September 19th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Auto Power-on Shut-down
There are many applications designed to give you full control over power actions like rebooting or shutting down your system at a specified time, but Auto Power-on Shut-down comes with a new approach.
The ace up its sleeve is definitely the tool that enables you to start the computer at a given time. However, keep in mind that such a feature will only be efficient if the motherboard comes with RTC support.
Auto Power-on Shut-down is quite easy to use, so it's safe to assume that it's aimed at beginners and professional users alike, relying on a simple yet very efficient interface.
The powerful scheduling function of this utility allows you to set up a new task that occurs daily, monthly, annually, weekly or just once. You will be able to easily specify the start time and configure a reminder that accompanies the selected event.
The number of tasks to be scheduled is quite impressive, because the list includes power-on, stand by, restart, hibernate, shut down, log off, close monitor, lock session, program launch, terminate process or execute a keyboard or mouse macro.
One of the greatest things about Auto Power-on Shut-down is the fact that it can get past the Windows login screen, if you just provide the necessary user password. This way, you can easily have your computer start at any time you need it to, so you can begin working without having to wait a couple of minutes in front of the PC until it boots into the operating system and is ready to use.
Overall, the application is one of the best tools of its kind and does its job very well. With an easy to use interface and a strong feature pack, Auto Power-on Shut-down is definitely worth a try, especially since it addresses beginners and experienced users alike.
Auto Power-on Shut-down description
Here are some key features of "Auto Power-on Shut-down":
Resume from power-off state:
· Allows you to control your computer auto start up and work in appointed time. It can wake your computer at specified date/time, even if the system has been closed in hibernation.
Wake up from sleep mode:
· Allows you to wake up your computer from sleep mode (s3 standby) at specified time.
· Allows you to open files, play sounds , run programs, close programs , open website, show message, standby/hibernate, shutdown/reboot, etc. at any designated time .
· There is a feature of Auto Power-on Shut-down that you may find useful. It will allows your computer auto shut down at specified time.
· Record to scripts and playback that you type with the keyboard and move and click with the mouse, a useful feature for such as TV record.
· Mainboard support resume by alarm.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Compatible with windows 8.