Krento is a Widget Engine that supports more than one type of widgets, including Krento Stones, Krento Toys and RocketDock docklets. This means that it can load and display widgets (graphically rich interactive objects) on your desktop.
Widgets can do anything from display the current date and time, to launching other applications or opening websites in your browser. There are some of widgets already available and the number of it is growing all the time. Furthermore, Krento is more oriented on functionality than on decoration, unlike other Widget Engines.
Here are some key features of "Krento":
· Drag and drop for files and Internet bookmarks
· Easy usage with mouse or with keyboard only
· Instantly accessible at any time
· Open, extendible architecture
· Compatible with Rocket Dock skins
· Save and load custom stones sets
· .NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Starting from version 3.1 Krento supports docklets. Krento Docklets are mini applications similar to Krento Toys with a variety of possible uses. They can connect to web services to deliver business data, weather information, news updates, traffic maps, Internet radio streams, and even slide shows of online photo albums.
· Docklets can also integrate with other programs to provide streamlined interaction.
· Krento comes with a set of docklets to get you started, and you can also develop your docklets to extend the Krento functionality using Embarcardero Delphi or Microsoft Visual C++ compilers.