Softpedia Editor's Review for File Viewer
Find, View, Print, Email, and Organize Pictures, Multimedia, Document, Database
Written by Elena Opris on June 11th, 2013
File Viewer is a feature-rich software application which comprises tools for viewing and managing files of various types, such as pictures, audio and video.
After a brief and uneventful installation procedure, you are greeted by a standard window with a well-organized layout, where you can use the Explorer-based folder structure to locate items on your hard disk and view them in the primary window. File Viewer supports multiple tabs.
You can filter pictures, videos, music, sounds, database tables, text and documents, or ZIP files, or simply view files of all types.
It is possible to adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma and intensity of pictures, resize or rotate them, invert colors, as well as remove the red eye effect.
Video clips can be played within the main application window. Plus, you can capture frames, adjust the volume level, and seek a position within the stream using a slider. When it comes to documents, the only option provided by the program lets you change the font and font color.
Furthermore, you can use a search function when dealing with large amounts of data (find files or the next folder by type), view file properties, create albums and playlists, as well as catalog a part or an entire disk or device.
Other features of File Viewer let you rename files in batch mode or create a ZIP file from them, send pictures and other file types via email, just to name a few. As far as program options go, you can change the window colors, thumbnail size, JPG quality and default catalog file name, as well as configure email settings.
File Viewer runs on a moderate-to-high quantity of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and works well, without causing the OS to hang, crash or display error notifications; we haven't encountered any problems throughout our evaluation. However, File Viewer needs some improvements in the visual department of the GUI.
File Viewer description
Here are some key features of "File Viewer":
· File Viewer - Search for many common file types, or groups of file types, display, print, organize or send files over the internet.
· Find and Display Pictures, Videos, Sounds, Music, Text Files, Documents, Spread Sheets, Database, and System Files, Locally over the LAN or on the Internet.
· Picture File Types supported are JPG, CMP, GIF, uncompressed TIF, TIFF, BMP, ICO, CUR, PCX, DCX, PCD, FPX, WMF, EMF, FAX, RAW, AWD, XPB, XPM, IFF, PBM, CUT, PSD, PNG, TGA, EPS, RAS, WPG, PCT, PCX, CLP, XWD, FLC, ANI, SGI, XBM, MAC, IMG, MSP, CAL, ICA, SCT, SFF, SMP, etc.
· View Text, DOC (Word), HTM, HTML, SHTML, SHTM, ASP, PNP, PDF, RTF, WRI, SYS, BAT, BAK, LST, INI, DOS, WPS, DBF (DBase, FoxPro), DB, MDB (Access), and XLS (Excel 2000) together in a Multiple Document Interface window.
· Find phrases, letters and numbers in Database, Text and Document Files.
· Quick Color editing and resizing of pictures or images. Add Text and Shapes to pictures. Cut and paste sections of pictures and add to other pictures.
· Find and Play WAV, MID, RMI, WMA, WMV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, MOV, MP3, ASF, AIFF, MP2, and M1V files with Microsoft Media Player Component.
· Separate and multiple Play Lists for Music and Video Files.
· Some Image Editing features as Contrast, Brightness, Resize and Rotation.
· File Utilities as Save As, Rename, Delete, Move, Copy, and File Properties Window.
· Quick Print of Pictures, Text, Documents, Database and Spreadsheet files that are viewable by File Viewer.
· Print a list of all occurrences of a file or searchable file types on your disk or CD Rom, and save in a Text File.
· Send Files you can find with File Viewer by E-Mail if you use a stand alone E-Mail Program as Outlook Express in Zip File.
· Receive Files over the internet by same E-Mail Control in Zip File Format.
· Organize any number of files in groups you create, and define in your own file database, with easy tabular viewing for quick location, and retrieval of frequently used files.
· Organize files over a computer network in a simple easy to access database. Click on a file in the database and open that file for viewing, printing or sending.
· Create a Database of your computer's files or files on another computer over the network. Sort and View Files by Name, Description, Search Word, and Groups you define.
· Organize your entire disk with one procedure, automatically grouping files as Pictures, Sounds, Music, Video, Text, Documents, Database, or Spread Sheets.
· View pictures and multimedia files on the internet, saving URL for future viewing.
· Batch Rename, Copy, Move, Delete, and Zip files selected from multiple folder locations.
· Set your own colors for Windows, List boxes, Entry Fields, and ThumbNails.
· Complete Help Text and Quick Tips for easy program use.
· Window's Explorer Style Interface, and double click viewing of supported files.
· Find and UnZip Zip Files.
· Easily Zip Files for EMail and copying to CD Rom or DVD !
· Supports Access 2000 / XP and Excel 2000 / XP Files !
· Supports Adobe PDF Files
· Create and Maintain Multiple Catalogs for devices, disks, folders using combinations of File Types.
· FTP Client Support.
· Multiple Folder/File Explorer Windows.
· Play CDs and DVDs.
· Tracking History of all files viewed by Date.
· 128 Mb RAM
· 100 Mb Free Disk Space
· VGA, Super VGA, or XGA monitor
· 45 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Replaced MAPI EMail Component with Indy 10 POP3 and SMTP
| ||Softpedia guarantees that File Viewer 9.4 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |