Softpedia Editor's Review for Lion Skin Pack
Transform Windows To Mac OS X Lion
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on November 2nd, 2012
In terms of customization, all flavors of Windows offer plenty of options to their users, ranging from artsy icon packs and funky audio tunes to complex themes that revamp the entire OS. Lion Skin Pack belongs to the last category, as it can bring a complete overhaul to one’s computer.
During the setup, those with advanced skills can disable some of the application’s components, but it is recommended that beginners do not modify the setup’s settings, lest they end up with corrupted installation of the tool. Before getting to enjoy the functions of Lion Skin Pack, users are required to restart their machine.
First and foremost, it is noticeable that all the desktop icons and fonts have been replaced with new ones, resembling those of Apple’s Mac OS X Lion. Also, the desktop wallpaper has been changed with a new background that is typically included by the Cupertino-based company in their operating systems (Lion Skin Pack includes several of them so everyone can choose the one they like best).
Secondly, Lion Skin Pack also comes with a new dock and new tools that can enhance both the looks and the functionality of the host OS. Some of them act like standard Windows gadgets and they display the CPU and RAM usage, the current weather details or the accurate time.
Furthermore, the effect of Lion Skin Pack is visible when launching Internet Explorer, Paint, the Calculator app or the Notepad, as their icons have also been replaced to match the new appearance of the system.
All in all, Lion Skin Pack is indeed capable to revamp one’s computer, provided they run Windows 7 or XP, by modifying the Windows Explorer icons and the overall look of the OS. However, inexperienced users might be overwhelmed by all the changes and might have a hard time locating their preferred apps, folders or menus.
Lion Skin Pack description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· add new icons from last version of mac os x lion.
· update visual style with last theme style in mac lion.
· add new dock icons with Reflect effect from last version of dock in osx lion.
· add new dock actions and functions.
· add new version of stacks docklet for dock folders.
· add leftsider for left caption button.
· add maComfort for desktop actions.
· add dexpot for new multi desktop.
· add launchpad (WinLaunch) with full function.
· add new version of xwidget.
· fix bugs and problems in fonts,sound and etc.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Babylon Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function