Softpedia Editor's Review for Lion Transformation Pack (formerly Snow Transformation Pack)
Bring to your desktop the look of Mac OS X Lion
Written by Gabriela Vatu on November 21st, 2012
If you love the way the Mac OS X Lion looks, but still want to keep your Windows computer, then all you need is the right app. Lion Transformation Pack offers you the Mac look without having to shell out top dollars for a new computer.
This customization pack simply transforms your computer in a simplistic and elegant manner, basically installing a new skin for your entire computer.
The installation is done seamlessly and the pack can be altered easily. The first optimizations can be done when the app is first fired up. Here, you can opt for how to run the transformation of your system files, change the font (Lucinda Sans, Segoe UI, Tahoma or use system default) and configure the dock or the taskbar.
Thus, if the default options are left unchanged, the taskbar disappears completely and leaves room for the menubar at the top of the screen. The OS X Dock takes over the lower area of the screen. Here, you can find shortcuts to your Favorites folder, to My Computer, Paint, Windows Media Center, Notepad and many more. The Recycle Bin can be found in the same place.
OS X Lion comes complete with themes, wallpapers, user pictures and logon screen. The transformation can be applied to multiple editions of Windows, namely XP, Vista and 7, including Server Editions.
All in all, Lion Transformation Pack is a great way to change the look of your operating system. Whether you’re a Mac fan and want to have your desktop look the same on your Windows computer or simply want to try out a new interface, this app is a good choice.
Lion Transformation Pack (formerly Snow Transformation Pack) description
Here are some key features of "Lion Transformation Pack (formerly Snow Transformation Pack)":
· Seamless installation and uninstallation giving users safe transformation
· Easily configurable in single click with intelligence Metro UI design
· Designed for all editions of Windows XP/Vista/7 including Server Editions
· Genuine OS X Lion system resources
· Smart system files updating with auto-repair and Windows Update friendly
· UxStyle memory patching
· Lion Frame UI including Aero/Mac features for XP and non-Aero system
· OS X Lion themes, wallpapers, user pictures and logon screen
· OS X Dock emulation with pre-configured docklets optimized for
· Expose and Spaces with shortcut keys configured
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed uninstaller bug executing removed file on Windows 7
· Removed Windows 7's Apple Boot Screen system files modification as some machines can't boot after installation
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system