RamDisk is a professional application designed to enable users to create a single RAM disk using available physical memory from Windows. Depending on the system, a RAM disk as large as 63 GB (32-bit) or 16 TB (64-bit) can be created. The RAM disk can appear to Windows as a hard disk, as a removable-media disk, or as a virtual disk. It can be formatted with any Windows-supported file system.
An important feature of RamDisk is that the RAM disk it creates is available to the system very early in system startup. Therefore, any applications or services that depend on the RAM disk can access it as soon as they start.
RamDisk provides basic, simple support for a single RAM disk. For multi-disk, data persistence, NUMA, Unmanaged Memory support, auto-wipe (security), and other features, see RamDisk Plus.
· 1 GHz processor or higher
· All Intel and AMD Pentium-class platforms
· All Intel 64-bit processor families (except Itanium)
· All AMD 64-bit processor families
· Minimum: 1 GB RAM
· 16 MB free disk space for installation
· 15-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added 'query cancel AutoPlay' interface to eliminate annoying operating system pop-ups when adding or loading a RAM disk, or when changing a drive letter
· Added support for exFAT and UDF file systems
· Fixed: Bug in GUI and CLI preventing initialization of GUID partition tables
· Fixed: Bug in GUI and CLI preventing initialization of RAM disks allocated from UM with Direct Address enabled
· Fixed: Bug in GUI causing it to crash when 'Enter' or 'Esc' key was typed after initiating a disk operation
· Fixed: Bugs in cluster setup causing failure while installing via terminal services
· Updated: CLI help information
· Moved installations to InstallShield 2012