Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.18 r96516
And if you want to test the same app on several operating systems, Oracle VM VirtualBox can be quite helpful.
User-friendly layout and steps to follow for adding a new machine
The application comes with an intuitive interface that allows users to add a new virtual machine and choose the OS they prefer (be it Solaris, Windows, Linux, BSD or Mac OS X), as well as the exact version.
The next steps include assigning the new virtual machine the amount of RAM and HDD space it will take, as well as the type of storage, dynamic or fixed, it is to occupy on the PC.
Working with virtual machines
In order to launch any virtualized OS, you simply need to press the Start button - once it is running, you can pause, reset or close your virtual machine, or even clone it or create a dedicated desktop shortcut to help you open it whenever you need it.
If you are an expert user, you can also benefit from specialized functions of Oracle VM VirtualBox, such as shared folders, seamless windows, 3D virtualization, multi-generation branched snapshots, remote machine display and modularity.
Oracle VM VirtualBox also features versatile hardware support, so that you can create virtual machines that have multiple virtual CPUs (regardless of how many cores you have physically on your PC), that recognize USB devices or ones that come with multi-screen resolutions, integrated iSCSI support and PXE network boot.
A top product on the market
To wrap it up, it is safe to say that Oracle VM VirtualBox can come in handy to both novices and experts: while the former can get their virtual machines up and running in no time, the latter can customize their virtualized environment to the tiniest details.
Reviewed by Giorgiana Arghire on September 16th, 2014
- last updated on:
- October 11th, 2014, 16:38 GMT
- file size:
- 105.5 MB
- developed by:
- license type:
- operating system(s):
- Windows XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2 / Server 2012
- C: \ System \ OS Enhancements
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- VMM: fixed a potential misbehavior after restoring the A20 state from a saved state
- GUI: fixed full-screen mode mini-toolbar related regressions for different platforms and window managers
- Storage: fixed data corruption when resizing huge VHD images under certain circumstances
- Storage: fixed a rare hang during startup when the BIOS enumerates the storage devices attached to the SATA controller
Application descriptionOracle VM VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use,...