Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.16 r95972
And if you want to test the same app on several operating systems, Oracle VM VirtualBox can be quite helpful.
User-friendly layout and steps to follow for adding a new machine
The application comes with an intuitive interface that allows users to add a new virtual machine and choose the OS they prefer (be it Solaris, Windows, Linux, BSD or Mac OS X), as well as the exact version.
The next steps include assigning the new virtual machine the amount of RAM and HDD space it will take, as well as the type of storage, dynamic or fixed, it is to occupy on the PC.
Working with virtual machines
In order to launch any virtualized OS, you simply need to press the Start button - once it is running, you can pause, reset or close your virtual machine, or even clone it or create a dedicated desktop shortcut to help you open it whenever you need it.
If you are an expert user, you can also benefit from specialized functions of Oracle VM VirtualBox, such as shared folders, seamless windows, 3D virtualization, multi-generation branched snapshots, remote machine display and modularity.
Oracle VM VirtualBox also features versatile hardware support, so that you can create virtual machines that have multiple virtual CPUs (regardless of how many cores you have physically on your PC), that recognize USB devices or ones that come with multi-screen resolutions, integrated iSCSI support and PXE network boot.
A top product on the market
To wrap it up, it is safe to say that Oracle VM VirtualBox can come in handy to both novices and experts: while the former can get their virtual machines up and running in no time, the latter can customize their virtualized environment to the tiniest details.
Reviewed by Giorgiana Arghire on September 16th, 2014
- last updated on:
- September 10th, 2014, 5:32 GMT
- file size:
- 105 MB
- developed by:
- license type:
- operating system(s):
- Windows XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2 / Server 2012
- C: \ System \ OS Enhancements
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- VMM: fixed restoring 32-bit FPU state on 64-bit capable VMs and restoring guest FPU in raw-mode VMs
- GUI: properly restore normal/scale mode guest-screen size after exiting full-screen/seamless mode
- GUI: mini-toolbar should provoke less artifacts/conflicts with 3D guest rendering
- GUI: added extradata item for configuring the mouse capture behavior, see the manual for more information
Application descriptionOracle VM VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use,...