Windows 7 Sidebar 3 Build 2348
Windows 7 Sidebar by Thoosje is the utility that aims to provide the same basic functionality as the default OS app, alongside some extras.
Low memory usage
The great improvement that this software application brings is the reduced memory consumption. It manages to use only half of what the Microsoft Sidebar needed and still be faster.
The eye-candy transparent interface of Windows 7 Sidebar hosts a variety of gadgets including several system applications, online search engines and many more.
These mini apps will allow you to play your favorite media files, check out the weather conditions, monitor system usage and uptime, and perform searches on Yahoo!, Google, Amazon or Wikipedia to name just a few.
With Windows 7 Sidebar you can easily organize the gadgets and have them sorted so you will no longer need to open an Internet browser to get news and information.
Apply different skins
The appearance of the mini applications can be customized by choosing one of the different skins. There is also a function that enables you to get more of those interface customization packs, but this feature depends exclusively on each of the gadgets because not all of them support downloading new skins.
All things considered, Windows 7 Sidebar seems to be one of the smartest choices you can make if you need such a utility. The ace up its sleeve is the reduced RAM consumption and the variety of gadgets it comes with by default is also a big plus.
Reviewed by Olivian Puha, last updated on July 26th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Added - Works now to for gmail when you add @gmail.com or @gmail.google.com instead of just the username.
- Added - Weather forecast does not save position after restart of sidebar.
- Added- Google Mail Option for the Email Gadget.
- Added - Path writer for Skinpacks.
Application descriptionThe Windows 7 Sidebar for Microsoft Windows XP and Vista has gadgets like media players, google search, yahoo search a...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
- Offers to create desktop or start menu shortcuts for items unrelated to the program's functionality