GFI EventsManager is a handy and reliable application which enables you to monitor all the events and processes.
Providing support for devices from the top 20 manufacturers in the world as well as custom devices, GFI EventsManager allows administrators to monitor an extended range of hardware products, report on the health and operational status of each one and collect data for analysis. Depicts employee activity on the network such as changes made to their PCs, files accessed during the day and other related activities.
GFI EventsManager also tracks and reports SQL server activity such as alteration of DB tables and attempts to access data without necessary privileges. GFI EventsManager uses advanced event processing and filtering technologies to identify key events out-of-the-box. Advanced event processing rules allow you to filter out unwanted/trivial events and generate alerts on key issues.
GFI EventsManager provides real-time alerting when critical events arise, suggests remedial actions and, if applicable, triggers corrective actions by automatically launching scripts and executable files.
The built-in processing rules provided with the product, and also the other areas of intelligence present in it, add significant value to its functionality aspects, because the information is otherwise very difficult to find and requires levels of expertise which are not necessary available to end-users.
GFI EventsManager has also been developed to satisfy the increasing demands of events-based legal compliance. Generated events are the primary source to determine level of compliance and identify deficiencies. With GFI EventsManager, events can be processed and filtered while leaving the “raw source” intact, in compliance to event log regulations such as Basel II.
Note: If you want to use the application more than 10 days, you need to register from this link.
Here are some key features of "GFI EventsManager":
· Centralized log data collecting, analysis and consolidation
· SIEM capabilities: Analysis of log data including SNMP traps, Windows event logs, W3C logs, text-based logs, Syslog, SQL Server and Oracle audit logs
· Check-based IT infrastructure and operations monitoring
· Highly refined compliance reports on key security events on your network
· Real-time alerts, SNMPv2 traps alerting included
· Detection of Windows events generated by privileged users
· GFI LanGuard and GFI EndPointSecurity data integration
· GFI EventsManager compliance audit for Windows
· Record what really happens behind the scenes in SharePoint
· Works well in highly distributed environments too, even without persistent connections between the sites
· Ensures compliancy with PCI DSS and other regulations
· Scan custom text logs based on regular expressions
· Parse Syslog messages based on regular expressions
· Remove “noise” or trivial events that make up a large ratio of all security events
· .NET framework 4.0
· Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later
· An mail server (when email alerting is required).
· 10 days trial
· 30 days trial if you register
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Active network and server monitoring based on monitoring checks is now available and can function in conjunction with the log based monitoring system in order to provide a complete and thorough view of the status of your environment
· The unique combination of active network and server monitoring through log-based network and server monitoring provides you not only with incident identification but also with a complete set of logs from the assets that failed, making problem investigation and solving much easier
· Enhanced console security system helps complying with best practices recommendations that imply access to data on a “need-to-know” basis. Starting with this version, each GFI EventsManager user can be assigned a subset of computers that he/she manages and the console will only allow usage of the data coming from those configured computers while the user is logged in
· New schema for parsing XML files, available by default, that enables monitoring of XML–based logs and configurat...