Softpedia Editor's Review for HWiNFO64
A powerful system information tool
Written by Mihaela Citea on December 10th, 2012
If you want to find out detailed information about your computer hardware, one of the best choices is HWiNFO64. Whether you are planning on upgrading your system or simply want to keep an eye on the hardware components, this professional diagnostics tool can come in handy.
When running it, you can choose what the application should scan. Analyzing the system configuration does not take long and the application immediately provides you with details about each detected piece of hardware, from the computer brand name, the central processor type, the motherboard and the memory to details about connected drives, audio devices, network adapters and ports.
Everytime HWiNFO64 is opened the 'System Summary' window allows you to view the most important information about your machine. You can use it to monitor the activity of each CPU core and view details about the operating system, the system memory and the connected removable drives.
The application comes with a sensor reading tool, designed to report data regarding the temperature of your hardware components, the used and the available memory, the CPU voltage, frequency and usage, as well as some S.M.A.R.T parameters.
For every read value, you can choose the scan interval, set thresholds, enable custom alerts and even set the program to report the value using a sidebar gadget, in order to monitor it easier. Furthermore, the program can record the values to a log file and save it your computer, for later reference.
HWiNFO64 can generate custom reports in various formats, such as CSV, XML, HTML, MHTML and text files.
As its name suggests, HWiNFO64 is a native 64-bit application, thus it does not work on 32-bit systems (if you are running a 32-bit system, you should use HWiNFO32). - link
To conclude with, HwiNFO64 provides information regrading the inside of your system and comes in handy for home users and technical experts alike.
Here are some key features of "HWiNFO64":
· Comprehensive hardware information
· System health monitoring (Thermal, Voltage, Fan, Power)
· Table, Logfile, Graph, Tray, Gadget, LG LCD reporting
· Text, CSV, XML, HTML, MHTML report formats
· Periodical updates
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Z87 series mainboards.
· Improved reporting of memory timings on Haswell.
· Disabled GPU I2C scan on DELL laptops with ATI FirePro M7820.
· Enhanced support of CHL8266 and CHL8318 on GPUs.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on Gigabyte 990XA/990FXA mainboards.
· Enhanced reporting of GPU clock on AMD Trinity, Richland and Kabini.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on Biostar A55/A75/A85 series mainboards.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock Z87 series mainboards.
· Added nVidia GeForce GTX 775M.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS H87, B85, Q87, Z87, P9D WS, SABERTOOTH Z87, GRYPHON Z87 and MAXIMUS VI series.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI Z87 series.
· Fixed support of Nuvoton NCT6791.
· Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE Z87 series.
· Added AMD Mullins, Hawaii and Vesuvius.
· Sensor configuration redesign.
· Added ability to show/hide sensor window columns.
· Added ability to change position of sensor items.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that HWiNFO64 4.18.1930 / 4.19.1950 Beta is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |