Softpedia Editor's Review for PC Wizard
Powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware
Written by Elena Opris on July 13th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for PC Wizard
What makes PC Wizard a top user choice is the ability to detect the hardware of your computer and to benchmark it to identify its level of performance. It provides comprehensive and extremely detailed reports on the components present on your computer, while user efforts are reduced to a minimum.
Being such an advanced system information software, it has the ability to detect the latest technologies available on the market. Updates are performed on a regular basis for this reason alone.
PC Wizard’s installation process is speedy and easy to follow. What requires patience is the program load time, because it takes a while until it analyzes the hardware configuration. But once the detection process is done, you are acquainted with a professional looking and organized interface that, by default, displays the system summary.
More detailed computer info can be accessed by navigating the shortcuts from the left side of the interface. Reports describe components such as mainboard, chipset, memory profiles, processors, sensors, video memory/cards/bios, main drives, ports, SCSI, Twain / WIA / IDE / SCSI devices, sound cards, network, printers, virtual machines and security.
PC Wizard also lists essential information about the OS, such as Windows version, Memory, UpTime, Microsoft applications, Passwords, Resources and System Files (BAT, NT, DOS, INI, etc). Reports can be saves, printed out or e-mailed, so you can keep track of your computer system's progress.
Another important function of PC Wizard is the ability to perform in-depth benchmarks in order to detect your computer’s performance. You can put to test the following: processor, memories, hard drives, CD/DVD Roms and DirectX to name the most important ones. The benchmark process takes quite the period of time, during which you might experience system slowdowns, but this is the price for acknowledging the capabilities of your system.
All in all, PC Wizard is one of the few applications of its kind that can display such overwhelming and complete hardware reports. In addition, it scores high with the benchmark feature, which even though not as speedy as expected, functions correctly.
PC Wizard description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Intel QM77, QS77 and NM70 chipsets support
· Intel Q77 chipset support
· AMD FX-4320, FX-6300, FX-8350 processors support
· Via VX11 chipset support
· Intel Xeon E3 Series V2 processors support
· AMD FX 'Vishera' processors preliminary support
· nVidia MCP79 chipset support
· USB Enpoint information more detailed
· Possibility to remove CPUID Partner advertising (menu Options)
· Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000 clocks, voltage and temperature support
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Ask Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function