PerfView is a performance analysis tool focusing on ETW information (ETL files) as well as CLR memory information (heap dumps). It can collect and view ETL files as well as XPERF CSV files.
Powerful grouping operators allow you to understand performance profiles in ways other tools can't. PerfView is used internally at Microsoft by a number of teams and is the primary performance investigation tool on the .NET Runtime team.
Get PerfView and give it a try to see just how useful it can actually be for assessing memory and processor performance and identifying problems with both RAM and CPU.
Here are some key features of "PerfView":
· Non-invasive collection - suitable for use in live, production environments
· Xcopy deployment - copy and run
· Support for very large heaps (gigabytes)
· Snapshot diffing
· Dump files (.dmp)
· Support for managed, native, and mixed code
· Can read XPerf logs
· Profile diffing
· NET Framework versions 2.0 and above
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added more /StopOn options for stopping the circular buffer when particular events happen.
· Support for events logged with WPP Software Tracing (place TMF files in an TMF directory)