Softpedia Editor's Review for SiSoftware Sandra Lite
System analyser, diagnostic and benchmarking.
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 25th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for SiSoftware Sandra Lite
Specifically designed to provide users with detailed information regarding their computer, SiSoftware Sandra Lite offers an impressive array of information concerning every single hardware component that is hidden under the hood of the machine.
When using it for the first time, less experienced users might be taken aback by the complexity of the software, but the interface is so intuitive that anyone can learn to operate it within minutes.
Nonetheless, one might need some computer knowledge to be able to analyze and interpret the data summarized by SiSoftware Sandra Lite, but information can also be searched online directly from the main window.
The main screen of the application gives immediate access to a number of features, including to the tools one can use to maintain the computer running smoothly, start benchmarks or get hardware and software information.
All these features are also nicely organized on tabs listed at the top of the main window, each featuring its very own settings and options.
Developers have included so many tools within SiSoftware Sandra Lite that one cannot decide which one to try first. For instance, the burn-in tool is a full stability test of every piece of hardware, so it takes a long time until the analysis is completed.
It takes more than 10 minutes to conduct more complex tests, but it is worth waiting, since a lot of information is displayed about one's computer. Still, even the application displays a warning that if case there are hardware issues with the computer, the app could crash during the tests.
Just as expected, the program eats up a lot of CPU and RAM, but this comes as a logical consequence, since its job is to stress the computer as much as possible, then present the results.
Overall, SiSoftware Sandra Lite is definitely a powerful and useful tool that is able to provide all the information you will need about your system's components.
SiSoftware Sandra Lite description
Here are some key features of "SiSoftware Sandra Lite":
· 4 native architectures support (x86, x64/AMD64/EM64T, IA64/Itanium2, ARM).
· 2 native GPGPU platforms support (AMD CTM/STREAM1, nVidia CUDA1, future Intel).
· 3 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/10.1).
· 23 established benchmarking modules, 4 new to this version.
· Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA).
· 7 charting options: combined, components, performance vs. speed/power/cost, capacity vs. power/cost charts.
· 6 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese) in a single installer.
· Enhanced Sandra Lite version (free for personal/educational use)
· DirectX 9c/10/10.1 redistributables (x86/AMD64/EM64T/IA64)
· OpenGL 1.5 and later (x86/AMD64/EM64T/IA64)
· This version is shareware but free for private or educational use (see licence). Some modules are only available in the commercial versions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes and optimisations for current and future systems as well as Windows 8