Softpedia Editor's Review for System Information Viewer
This software will display all the hardware details about your computer
Written by Elena Opris on January 22nd, 2013
System Information Viewer is a small but powerful application that displays information regarding your computer's hardware and software. It basically offers you access to fully change the Windows behavior, according to your preferences.
Once you have installed the application, it will place itself in the system tray, so you have quick access to all its functions. The main interface of the program is standard - it consists of a single window and a bunch of buttons.
System Information Viewer offers detailed information about your system - Windows, machine, sensors, USB Bus, network, SPD, volumes, Wi-Fi and PCI Bus. So, this tool is designed for power users only.
You can view data about resource usage, processors, volts, temperature, power, memory, CPU and GPU (available and utilized), Cache-0 Latency, as well as others.
But you can also view what applications and services run at startup, what are your system's base DLL files, what font families you have installed, view a code pages, access the registry editor etc.
Furthermore, you can tune Windows (e.g. disable firewall notifications, override firewall, disable updates alerts) and the system (e.g. disable Task Manager, enable shutdown without logon, set screensaver grace period), and more.
Any piece of information provided by System Information Viewer can be copied, and you can also access a very extensive help file if you don't understand some technical terms.
But System Information Viewer uses a low amount of system memory, it doesn't freeze or crash, and the level of detailed information it offers is extraordinary. We definitely recommend it to hardcore users.
System Information Viewer description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Intel Haswell support and updated to use the latest Intel logos.
· Added initial AMD Annapurna (Richland) support.
· Revised nVidia Optimus GPU reporting to prevent forcing the GPU back online.
· Added generic support for Embedded Controller ACPI Method based Temperature and Fan Speed reporting.
· Added initial ITE IT8731F and IT8732F sensor support.
· Resolved ASUS P5B motherboard ATK0110 conflict with Intel QST, QST Voltage monitoring and CPU Fan Speed reporting.
· Added reporting of Matrox MGA G200/G200eH/G200eR/G200eW WPCM450 clocks and G450/G550 Warp clock.