Trace Spy is a modest alternative to the very popular SysInternals DebugView tool. DebugView intercepts calls made to DbgPrint by device drivers and OutputDebugString made by Win32 programs. Get Trace Spy and take it for a spin to see what it can actually do for you!
Here are some key features of "Trace Spy":
· It's 100% .NET
· It does not need UAC nor special rights
· It can remove empty lines (which is very handy to get rid of these pesky trace lines sent by Visual Studio 2010 for example...)
· The traced application is less blocked by this tracing tool than DebugView
· The Copy operation just copies the traced text, and not the full line (a full line copy feature is there though).
· The process name of the traced application is optionally displayed instead of the process id (if available)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a menu to easily start and stop capturing