FancyCache for Volume is a handy and reliable application designed to cooperate with system memory to provide data caching for volumes.
It improves system performance by transparently storing data into memory such that future requests for that data can be served faster. FancyCache caches data on a logical block basis (offsets within a volume/disk) while windows cache manager caches on a virtual block basis (offsets within a file).
One of the FancyCache's core components is a storage class filter driver which resides in the storage stack, intercepting I/O requests for data on volume/disk. If requested data is contained in the cache, this request can be served by simply reading the cache, which is comparably faster. Otherwise the data has to be fetched from volume/disk. Hence, the more requests can be served from the cache the better the overall system performance is.
NOTE: During Beta stage, each version comes with 180-day evaluation period.
Here are some key features of "FancyCache for Volume":
· Supports LRU (Least Recently Used) and LFU (Least Frequently Used) cache algorithms
· Supports caching strategies: Read/Write Caching, Read-Only Caching and Write-Only Caching
· Supports Write-Through and Write-Deferred modes
· Supports OS Invisible Memory and SSD (Solid-state Drive) as Level-II cache
· Supports caching for volumes or entire disks
· Supports TRIM command for SSD
· Supports visual performance monitor
· Supports cache plug and play
· Supports basic and dynamic disks
· Supports NTFS junction point
· Supports volume/disk with proprietary file system
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix bug: Windows XP/2003 cannot boot up if Windows is installed on a FAT/FAT32 partition. This bug was introduced in version 0.7.x
· Fix bug: Slow memory allocation on Windows 8.
· Minor improvements on user interface.