PyCmd is a designed to be a 'smart' and easy-to-use Command Line extension for cmd.exe.
The purpose of the program is to emulate a few power features of UNIX shells (decent Tab-completion, persistent history, etc).
Here are some key features of "PyCmd":
· Smart Tab-completion (similar to e.g. bash)
· Searchable, persistent command history
· Enhanced editing (copy/paste, undo, emacs key bindings)
· History of recently visited directories
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Configuration file (init.py) for customizing colors, prompt etc.
· Fuzzy history search
· Tab-completion now works with both '/' and '\' as separators
· Switch build from py2exe (no longer maintained) to cx_freeze
· Added 64-bit build
· Bugfixes in completion, line rendering