Softpedia Editor's Review for SSC Service Utility
Allows you to do many amazing things with Your Epson printer
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on May 28th, 2012
Most companies, regardless of their profile, use at least one printer on a daily basis, and depending on the number of employees, this can translate in elevated monthly costs (paper and cartridges need to be purchased, whereas repairs cost money as well). If they use Epson Stylus printers, SSC Service Utility can come in handy.
This application comes without any price tag so users are not required to take out a penny out of their wallets. The installation goes smoothly and the software automatically detects and recognizes the connected Epson LPT or USB printer, provided it is compatible (restarting the printer may be required).
SSC Service Utility displays the current ink levels, for both color and black cartridges, so as to enable users to replace or refill them in due time, before they get damaged or completely empty and unusable. In addition, hot swapping of cartridges is supported, so they can be taken out and put back in without turning off the printer.
When the host computer has more than one installed printer, one can select the device that is to be monitored by SSC Service Utility – all of them can be processed using this application, but only one at a time can be monitored.
The software can also be used to reset the ink counters, to allow administrators to monitor them whenever needed, or even freeze the counters. Furthermore, head cleaning can also be performed, depending on the type of cleaning selected by the user: color head cleaning, universal color, normal cleaning, or black head cleaning.
SSC Service Utility is displayed in the system tray, and anyone can access its features without launching the main window, thus saving desktop space and preventing clutter.
In a nutshell, Epson printer owners are advised to take this app for a spin, test its functions and make the most of their cartridges even if they do not have complex PC skills.
SSC Service Utility description
Here are some key features of "SSC Service Utility":
· Work directly with CSIC in Epson Stylus printers cartridges.
· Reset or rewrite any chip using special addon device.
· Freeze internal ink counters.
· Reset internal ink counters even with empty cartridges.
· Separate cleaning of color and black heads for all Epson inkjet printers, powerful cleaning mode.
· Hot swapping of cartridges supported.
· Resetting of protection counter (even then it is already full).
· More then 100 different Epson printers supported.
· EPSON Printer
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· support for R270
· support for R240
· support for R340
· support for CX2800
· support for CX3900
· support for CX4900
· support for CX5900
· support for C58/C59
· support for RX640
· improved support for C2100/2200
· improved support for RX700
· improved support for R2400
· iproved support for 785EPX/825/895/915
· some other improvements and bug fixes