Whenever a computer running Windows suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue screen of death, the first thing that is often though about is a hardware failure. In reality, most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules.
In case of a kernel error, most computers running Windows do not show a blue screen unless they are configured to do so. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.
WhoCrashed Home Edition shows the drivers which have been crashing computer with a single click. Normally, debugging skills and a set of debugging tools are required to do post-mortem crash dump analysis. This program checks for available crash dump files and checks for reponsible modules.
In most cases it can pinpoint the offending drivers which have been causing misery on your computer system in the past. It does post-mortem crashdump analysis and presents all gathered information in a comprehensible way.
By using this utility you do not need any debugging skills to be able to find out what drivers are causing trouble to your computer.
WhoCrashed Home Edition is a handy and reliable application designed to identify the drivers responsible for crashing the computer.
Note that WhoCrashed Home Edition cannot always be exactly sure about the root cause of a system crash. Because all kernel modules run in the same address space, any driver or other kernel module can potentially corrupt another. Also, any driver may be able to cause problems to any other driver which runs in the same device stack. This is to say this software is not guaranteed to identify the culprit in every scenario.
· The following features are disabled:
· Crash dump analysis on remote computers on the network
· Crash dump analysis of a local dump directory of your choice
· More detailed analysis of crash dumps
· Detailed dump information views
· Uptime reports
· Kernel stack traces with symbol resolution
· Viewing list of loaded modules at the time of a crash dump
· Symbol server and local symbol store support
· Sorting on columns in information views
· Options to fine tune the behavior of WhoCrashed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Faster symbol resolution:
· The professional edition of WhoCrashed now does faster symbol resolution which results in faster analysis.
Improved crash dump test:
· WhoCrashed now adds text to the report with explains the meaning of bug checks that were generated because of the crash dump test tool.